Sunday, May 23, 2010

Hello people.... wisdom teeth out tomorrow--- it's making me extremely nervous. and annoyed. we have an Italian club dinner only two days after (I fear that this whole wisdom teeth issue might/ will definitely create problems with that. So, I'm taking Monday off because if I can't eat, I'm definitely not going to cook. Sorry. Just the way it is. (I'm not a masochist) But (as you can see), I tried to do a little extra so that that would be less of a problem.So I have made cinnamon muffins, lemon tea cookies, English muffin pizza, and the bread for my mother's bruschetta (which had more to it than I thought it would).

The muffins were wonderful except that they never seem to last in this house. They always seem to be gone by the next day (I would make more but I am now almost out of sugar, confectioner's sugar, milk and eggs.The lemon tea cookies were okay, but I was definitely more of a fan of the lemon filling than I was of the cookie. I'm glad the filling was good though because I spent 25 MINUTES stirring it.
The English muffin pizza was also good. I did two recipes: pepperoni, and bacon and green pepper. I did not use any sauce, but layered the pepperoni/ bacon-green pepper mixture on the muffin, then layered a tomato slice and then mozzarella cheese. I put the oven on 375 and waited until the cheese melted. They were really good.
The bread for my mom's bruschetta was also pretty good. Olive oil, kosher salt, and Parmesan cheese all went on it and then the bread went into the oven for 15 minutes.
My brother and sister almost prefer eating just those to eating them with tomato and mozzarella!!


Anyway.... I'm really nervous--wish me luck!!!

2 comments:

  1. I need to thoroughly read this and comment on it.

    my sister and i attempted to start a baking blog. has gotten off to a slow start, though.

    ReplyDelete