Friday, May 14, 2010

riybtdah #2

I feel as if I am giving you a little taste of the newspaper today.
Are you any good at the word jumble? Yes? Good. Take a close look at the first part of the title and make a guess on what you think it is.

Today I made an awesome birthday cake. It was yellow cake with chocolate icing (all made from scratch). And YES I did add sprinkles... in my opinion sprinkles are one of the best things on earth. Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm kind of sad that I didn't think of adding them to the dirt cake. Anyway, it was J.J's second cake because this time we were celebrating with the extended family! I wasn't there because I was reconnecting with my inner child by playing Baby-in-the-Air and swim fishy swim and Red Rover...
But, I came home after and was shocked to discover that my mom had bought a store cake for J.J. just in case mine didn't work out. I was very offended and hurt by her lack of faith in me, but after some thought, I realized that I shouldn't be surprised. I mean, if I can't passably make an omelet and toast on my own, how can my mother be expected to believe that I can be trusted when it comes to making a cake?
So readers, you will be glad to hear that I have forgiven her for her lack of faith in the cake's edible-ness. Especially because she told me that there was a consensus that my cake was much better than the store-bought one.


I also was instructed in the mysterious ways of the grill today. I grilled Portobello mushrooms today. It was very exciting, except for the part where some of the mushrooms started getting a little stubborn. Apparently, they were enjoying their time with the grill and did not want to be parted from it. But, eventually they accepted that it was time for the grill and the mushroom to go their separate ways.Their love was doomed from the very beginning.

So tomorrow, my dear reader(s)-- I'm not sure how many of you there are because only three of you are followers!!, I will be going to a picnic for Pistachio's birthday party. What is it about May? Does anyone know?? Because I know so many people who have May birthdays.

Shout-out to May: Florence Nightingale, J.J., Pistachio, Pistachio's wonderful mother (did I remember correctly? is it MJoy??), Remy, All the people who popped up on my facebook events list, Dolley Madison, Art Fleming (this is for you Signore Russo), Steve Yzerman and Frank J. Selke (for you Christie/ Pistachio), Mark Zuckerburg (for you Patchup Kacket), Bertrand Russel (for you Mrs. Mull)...

and just one more question (is it predestined that May will bring you power??)
just look at the birthdays of: Josip Broz Tito, Meles Zenawi, Franjo Tudjman, Gustav Stresemann, Abdoulaye Wade, Goh Chok Tong, Sergey Stanishev, Bernhard von Bulow, Yang Shangkun, Harry S. Truman, and John Kennedy.

just giving you a little something to think about (and to all you May-born people... September is way Way WAY better)...


by the way, did you think I forgot?? I didn't. the answer to your word jumble of a title is, of course, BIRTHDAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment