Tuesday, May 11, 2010

3/4 for Day 2


My first attempt of the day (yet again) managed to die on it's voyage across the stove. Maybe it was the oil. Or maybe it was how high I turned the heat up on the stove?? Well, it seems I still have not learned my lesson when it comes to parental supervision. My non-supervised attempts have all left me hungry.

For lunch I decided that dumplings would be a good idea. I was going to cook the dumplings and put a nice chocolate/ cheese mixture on them (don't cringe- the sauce is actually delicious-- and its not my recipe, so someone else thinks so too). Well for some reason, after I took the dumplings off the stove and tried one as a test, the dumplings ended up really hard and crunchy on one end (even though I stirred) and normal on the other end. It was a little sad for me. I would have tried again, but we were officially out of dumplings (and I'm not sure how to make them--- project for later??). So instead, I decided that I would make French Toast.
Uh-oh! Sorry Katy, you used up all the eggs yesterday in the omelet fiasco.

So today I learned that not much can be done without eggs, brown sugar, English muffins, and lemon extract.

Its okay though. Dinner went better. My mom instructed me on the art of making Turkey Cutlets in a Lemon Sauce (it was wonderfully delicious). You have to love mothers and their amazing skills. Especially since Mother's Day was only two (why is 2 spelled with 3 letters? In fact the only letter I can think of that makes sense right now is four- see 4 letters!) days ago.So I also made rice and steamed broccoli with fresh lemon on it to go along with the turkey. I love seeing this picture because I feel like someone competent when I see all of these dishes cooking on the stove at once.
It tasted wonderful and it was fun because I got to flatten the cutlets with a mallet before I sprinkled them with salt and pepper. The mallet-thingy has to be one of the most fun kitchen utensils out there, I mean, I get so much satisfaction from taking the days frustration out on a piece of turkey.

Anyway, the meal was delicious and my mouth is still smiling from the experience. Yay!!!
Okay, time to do the dishes!

1 comment:

  1. hahaha oohhh katy, i love u

    yay for the number four and mallets!!

    mmm the turkey looks good!

    ReplyDelete