Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Rain

I went out to lunch today, and we got into a conversation with our waitress. We talked about the rain. We talked about how waking up to the sound of rain pitter-pattering on the roof made you want to just snuggle back under the covers. I love the rain, but I have to admit I was not thrilled with how cold it was.Since it was pouring, mom and I agreed that grilling would not be a good idea. It was funny that we were both thinking Italian for dinner (of course with my mom it was spaghetti and with me stuffed shells). I found a stuffed shell recipe on Recipezaar.com. I officially love recipezaar.com because it has this thing (for when you become a member) where you can select a recipe and add it to your shopping list. Then, when you go to your shopping list (with recipes A,B,C,D, and E) the list will tell you which ingredients pertain to which recipes and listing the recipes at the top of the page. If you already have some ingredients, no problem! It lets you remove the ingredients that you already have (you can print the recipe out, send it to you cell phone...).
Anyway we had stuffed shells for dinner (and even though my sister said she wasn't a fan, she still ate them! I call that success!!!). The one down side??There were a lot of leftovers and there wasn't a lot of fridge space. It all worked out fine though. Now I have half frozen for a later date and half sitting in the fridge (ready to be warmed up and devoured --- I LOVE that word. D-E-V-O-U-R-E-D. It just makes your mouth happy saying it, right??).

Also, I saw a puff pastry package sitting in my freezer and decided to do something with it.
I made the recipe on the box. Strawberry Napoleons.
They tasted decent, but I liked my made (almost-completely --- I didn't construct the pasta, just cooked it) from scratch stuffed shells a lot better. Which is part of the reason why I am doing this, right??

Anyway, I have to get up early tomorrow :(, so I am leaving you with this to think about...

Which is better: Strawberries, Raspberries, Bananas, Blackberries, Blueberries, Grapefruit, or Orange????

1 comment:

  1. mmm that looks really good!!! ur making me hungry!!!!

    ummmm...strawberries!!! (if I have to pick 1)

    ReplyDelete