Thursday, May 13, 2010

Pink and Purple and Yellow and Red and Green and Beige and Brown and Black and Blue and Orange and White

Smoothie: Red Strawberries, Red Raspberries, Orange Orange Juice, White Yogurt, Brown Fudgesicle, and Yellow Bananna, Blue Blueberries (combine blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries and get purple!)
Shrimp Stir Fry: Pink Shrimp, Red Peppers, Green Snow Peas, Green Broccoli, Beige Rice, Brown Stir Fry Sauce, Black Pepper

Yes! I have eaten all of the colors featured here.

and Yes I have eaten them all today.

After talking about smoothies yesterday, I woke up today and had an irresistible craving. The sun was out, it was actually getting warm again... it was definitely time for a breakfast smoothie (at about 11 AM) on our patio.

I have always had a belief that chocolate almost always makes everything better, so I added a one of the Skinny Cow Mini Fudge Pops into my smoothie to supply me with a little more frozen/ coldness to my breakfast and to add chocolate.
For dinner, while we were running around picking up ingredients for J.J.'s birthday cake for his extended family, mom and I stopped and got some shrimp so that we could make shrimp stir fry.
First we got the rice cooking, and then my mom instructed me on the making of the sauce. It was ridiculously complicated for something that ended up taking up less than 3/4 of our smallest pot. But, in the end, it tasted really good, so I eventually forgave the sauce for giving me so much trouble (it can't help its complicated-ness, right?).
Tomorrow plan on seeing a homemade cake with homemade icing (unless something goes terribly wrong, of course). Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment